Melexis MLX90615 Digital Plug & Play Infrared Thermometer in an Ultra Small TO-can is optimized for non-contact temperature measurements, The MLX90615 integrates both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC in the same miniature TO-46 can, Its ultra small size makes it extremely well suited for spaced-constrained medical applications such as ear thermometers.
The thermometer comes factory calibrated with a digital SMBus output giving full access to the measured temperature in the complete temperature range(s) with a resolution of 0.02°C. The user can configure the digital output to be PWM.
- Extremely small size to operate in tight spots
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range
- -20°C to 85°C for ambient sensor temperature (Ta)
- -40°C to 115°C for object temperature (To)
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over a wide 0°C to +50°C temperature range for both Ta and To
- Medical accuracy of 0.2°C in a limited temperature range
- Measurement resolution of 0.02°C
- SMBus compatible digital interface for fast temperature readings and building sensor networks
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- 3V supply voltage with power saving mode
- Ear thermometer: fast and easy fever measurement
- Body temperature monitoring: monitoring the temperature of patients during operation or people in intense physical effort (athletes, firefighters, soldiers)
- Home healthcare: measuring temperature in home use health equipment, 24/7 body temperature tracking
- Mobile telephones: The MLX90615 is so small and easy to integrate, it can easily fit into handheld devices.
- DATA SHEET for MLX90615