Quectel EG91-EX is an IoT/M2M-optimized LTE Cat 1 Module
Quectel EG91 is a series of LTE category 1 modules optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications. Adopting 3GPP Rel. 11
LTE technology, it delivers maximum data rates up to 10Mbps downlink and 5Mbps uplink. These make EG91 an ideal solution
for numerous IoT applications that are not reliant on high speed connectivity but require the longevity and reliability of LTE
EG91 contains 6 variants: EG91-E, EG91-EX, EG91-NA, EG91-NS, EG91-VX and EG91-NAX. EG91 is pin-to-pin compatible with
Quectel UMTS/HSPA+ module UG95/UG96 and LPWA module BG95/BG96. And it is backward-compatible with existing GSM/
GPRS and UMTS/HSPA+ networks, ensuring that it can be connected even in remote areas devoid of 4G network coverage.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB serial drivers for Windows
7/8/10, Linux and Android, etc.) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M and IoT applications such as
smart metering, wearable devices, environmental monitoring, asset tracking, fleet management, security and alarm systems
and so on.
- low-power LTE connectivity optimized for broadband IoT applications.
- Multi-band LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- Compact SMT form factor ideal for size-constrained applications with extended operation temperature range
- Embedded power management unit (PMU) featuring ultra-low deep-sleep current consumption
- Simple migration from 2G/3G to 4G with a flexible and scalable platform