RFID 13.56MHz Reader and Writer uses RC522 – RFID Card Reader / Writer Module, which includes 13.56 Mhz RF reader, writer which is based on RC522 chip. The MFRC522 is a highly integrated reader / writer for contact less communication at 13.56 Mhz, the MFRC522 reader supports ISO 14443A at MIFARE mode, It is with Serial and TTL Out at 9600 Baud rate and need to be powered by 5V 500mA power source.
WRITING DATA ON THE CARD/KEYCHAIN:
Start with $ symbol and type the data in the HyperTerminal to be written in the Card/Keychain, it can store up to 1Kb of data, and press enter or carriage return, (You may not see the data you are typing).
The device waits for the card to be written, then place the card near the device and it will start writing and once the complete data is written on the card it will say DONE.
READING from RFID 13.56MHz Reader and Writer:
Just place the card near the device, it will start reading.
- Highly Integrated analog circuitry to demodulate and decode responses
- Buffered output drivers to connect an antenna with minimum number of external components
- Supports ISO/IEC 14443A / MIFARE
- Typical operating distance in Reader / Writer mode for communication is 50 mm depending on the antenna size and tuning
- Supports higher transfer speed communication up to 848 Kbit/s
- Low Voltage, low cost, compact sized non contact card reader and writer
- Power Supply: 5V
- Operating Frequency: 13.56 Mhz
- Supported Card Types: MIFARE1 S50, MIFARE1 S70, MIFARE ULTRALIGHT, MIFARE PRO, MIFARE DESFIRE
- Reader Distance: >= 50mm / 1.95″ (MIFARE 1K)