ESP-01 ESP8266 Wireless Module Transceiver is a self-contained SOC with integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network. The ESP8266 is capable of either hosting an application or offloading all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor.
Each ESP8266 module comes pre-programmed with an AT command set firmware, meaning, you can simply hook this up to your Arduino device and get about as much WiFi-ability as a WiFi Shield offers (and that’s just out of the box)! because the ESP8266 module is an extremely cost-effective board with a huge, and ever-growing, community.
This module has a powerful enough on-board processing and storage capability that allows it to be integrated with the sensors and other application-specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime.
Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry but including the front-end module, which is designed to occupy minimal PCB area. The ESP8266 supports APSD for VoIP applications and Bluetooth co-existence interfaces, it contains a self-calibrated RF allowing it to work under all operating conditions and requires no external RF parts.
Features of ESP-01 ESP8266 Wireless Module
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- It features an integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Equips integrated PLL, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor
- SDIO 1.1 / 2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- Home automation and security
- Home appliances
- IoT projects
- Home and industry-based wireless control
- Internet controlled robot
- Baby monitor
- Sensor network
- IP camera
- Portable and wearable electronics