CP2104 Usb to Uart IC provides a simple solution for updating RS-232/RS-485 designs to USB using a minimum of components and PCB space. The CP2104 includes a USB 2.0 full-speed function controller, USB transceiver, oscillator, one-time programmable ROM, and asynchronous serial data bus (UART) with full modem control signals in a compact 4 x 4 mm QFN-24 package (sometimes called “MLF” or “MLP”).
The device also features up to four GPIO signals that can be user-defined for status and control information which can support for I/O interface voltages down to 1.8 V is provided via a VIO pin. In many existing RS-232 designs, all that is required to update the design from RS-232 to USB is to replace the RS-232 level-translator with the CP2104.
Features of CP2104 Usb to Uart:
- Integrated USB transceiver; no external resistors required
- Integrated clock; no external crystal required
- Integrated 1024-Byte One-Time Programmable ROM for customizable product information
- On-chip power-on reset circuit
- On-chip voltage regulator: 3.45 V output
- Self-powered: 3.0 to 3.6 V
- USB bus powered: 4.0 to 5.25 V