The SIM800A Quad-Band GSM/GPRS Module with RS232 Interface is a complete Quad-band GSM/GPRS solution in an small form factor which can be embedded in the customer applications. SIM800A support Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, it can transmit Voice, SMS, and data information with low power consumption.
The SIM800A modem has a SIM800A GSM chip and RS232, interface while enables easy connection with the computer or laptop using the USB to the Serial connector or to the microcontroller using the RS232 to TTL converter. Once you connect the SIM800A modem using the USB to RS232 connector, you need to find the correct COM port from the Device Manager of the USB to Serial Adapter.
Power on the modem using 9 to 12V DC Adapter with 2A current and press the power button for 3 seconds, observe the network LED blinking status, Then you can open Putty or any other terminal software and open a connection to that COM port at 9600 baud rate, which is the default baud rate of this modem. Once a serial connection is open through the computer or your microcontroller you can start sending the AT commands. When you send AT commands for example “AT” you should receive back a reply from the SIM800A modem saying “OK” or other response depending on the command sent. check out the AT Command sheet for for more details on AT commands.
Features of SIM800A GSM/GPRS Modem
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz.
- GPRS class 2/10.
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT command set).
- High-Quality Product (Not hobby grade).
- Configurable baud rate.
- Built-in SIM Cardholder.
- Built-in Network Status LED.
- Inbuilt Powerful TCP/IP protocol stack for internet data transfer over GPRS.
- Low power.
|Input Voltage (V)||9 to 12|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||-40 to 90|
- Remote Data Monitor and Control.
- Water, gas, and oil flow metering.
- AMR (automatic meter reading).
- Power station monitoring and control.
- Remote POS (point of sale) terminals.
- Traffic signals monitor and control.
- Fleet management.
- Power distribution network supervision.
- Central heating system supervision.
- The weather station data transmission.
- Hydro-logic data acquisition.
- Vending machine.
- Traffic info guidance.
- Parking meter and Taxi Monitor.
- Telecom equipment supervision (Mobile base station, microwave or optical relay station).
Download Datasheet for SIM800A
For more details on project code please check out How2Electronics.com
There are no reviews yet.